Scott Tomhave is an entrepreneurial-minded construction management and real estate professional with proven expertise and success in construction, healthcare real estate, land acquisition, due diligence, finance, syndication, financial modeling, creative deal structuring, entitlements, planning, M&A, turn around work, private equity, debt and legal management.
Scott has held positions with firms such as Rudolph and Sletten, Inc., a Perini Company (NYSE:PCR), Blackhawk Development, Sprout Holdings, Swinerton Builders and is the Founder of LoneStar Advisors, a real estate advisory and investment firm that provides a variety of services within the real estate industry as well as business operations. He has held titles from Project Manager, Vice President of Development, Vice President, Managing Principal to President. Scott has been involved in multiple facets of the development and construction industry from general contracting, preconstruction, site selection, due diligence, underwriting, sourcing capital, turn around services, owners representation and construction/development management since 1996.
SELECT NOTABLE PROJECTS & CLIENTS
- Chevron (NYSE: CVX) Chevron Campus, Midland, TX – $175+ million development
- Lucasfilm Ltd., Nicasio, CA – 185,000 SF Big Rock Ranch, a prairie-style addition to Skywalker Ranch
- South Congress Hotel, Austin, TX – Entitlements, equity search and underwriting. Pioneered and negotiated transaction to new equity to ensure development
- Mansion at Judges Hill (Hotel Ella) – Operations support and advisory services resulting in significantly enhanced net income. Sourced and negotiated the sale of assets and operations to new partnership.
- KSR Land – Dripping Springs, TX – Sourced and acquired 16 acres of prime residential land for investment. Repositioned and sold land for +/- 50% return in 12 months
- Medical Campus, Texarkana, TX – Acquired approximately 1M square feet of medical real estate for repositioning. Managed all aspects of transaction including equity sourcing and financing. Managed all renovations required. Repositioned leases and improved value of asset.
- Bella Vista, Dripping Springs, TX – 164-Acre subdivision site for 86-home gated community
- North Austin Medical Park – Provided all development management services required to renovate and reposition office space into medical offices.
- Medical Campus Renovations – Provided development management for multiple medical campus’s in Texas and Oklahoma. Added multiple modalities including MRI, CT, Cath, ER expansions and medical office construction. Pioneered modular clinic construction (first of it’s kind).
- Sun Microsystems (acquired by Oracle NYSE: ORCL), San Jose, CA – New campus construction
- Kaiser Permanente, Vacaville, CA – 232,000 SF Medical Office and Ambulatory Surgery Center
- MBA, Webster University, San Antonio, Texas (Honors)
- BS in Construction Science (Management), Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- LEED® Accredited Professional – United States Green Building Council
- AC designation from the American Institute of Contractors
- Building Design + Construction’s 40 Under 40 Class of 2014
- Engineering News Record – 20 Under 40 Award
- USGBC – LEED® Accredited Professional
- AC Certification from AIC
- ULI – Urban Land Institute
- RECA – Real Estate Council of Austin
- Habitat for Humanity
- Austin Achieve
- Dripping Springs Youth Sports Association
- Hays County Municipal Utility District #5
- Opportunity Austin – Economic Development Council
- Delta Mu Delta