Karl Koebel, CCIM, is principal and managing broker of Marketplace Real Estate Group, an Austin-based brokerage firm he founded in 2002. With over 18 years of real estate experience and approximately $450 million in transactions, Karl is a proven industry veteran. His areas of expertise cover all real estate sectors, including investments, development, land, industrial, multifamily, office, retail and industrial.
Karl has been a long-time, avid proponent for growth and development in Austin’s untapped southeast submarket. He and his business partner, Doug Launius, are known as the “go-to guys” of southeast Austin. Karl and his team welcome investors from across the globe with warm, southern hospitality and are firm believers in their company’s motto “doing well by doing good”.
Karl works closely with developers, high net-worth investors and investment groups to grow wealth through strategic acquisition, development and allocation of commercial real estate opportunities. People who know Karl recognize his passion for real estate. He an intuitive deal hunter and brings this skill to properties overlooked by many who perceive the issues too great to overcome. Karl loves to create value from a distressed situation or undervalued property. When Karl helps someone achieve their wealth-building goals and experience their triumph at closing, he is reminded why he loves this work.
Karl’s most recent venture and passion project is Velocity Crossing, a ±390 acre mixed-use development project at the corner of SH-130 and Highway 71 in Southeast Austin. The property is zoned LI-PDA and located a Triple Freeport Zone which allows businesses to avoid taxes on inventory that leaves the state within 175 days. The project hopes to be the catalyst for much-needed services to the Southeast Austin and Del Valle communities.
Karl Koebel was born in Detroit, Michigan and raised in the woods of western Kentucky. He settled in Texas after eight years in the US Air Force managing weapons logistics. He lives in Northwest Austin with his wife, young twins (one of each flavor) and two beagleos.
- Velocity Crossing – 390 acre, mixed-use development in Southeast Austin
- EastRidge – ±129 acre, mixed-use development across from Circuit of the Americas
- Del Valle ISD acquisitions broker
- Southeast Austin – Listing or own and marketing for sale and development ±1,500 acres in SE Austin
- Kitty Hill Airport Development – Conversion into 550+ single family residential lots
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport 2040 Master Plan Advisory Committee
- CCIM – Certified Commercial Investment Member
- CTCAR – Central Texas Commercial Association of Realtors
- ABOR – Austin Board of Real Estate
- NAR – National Association of Realtors
- TAR – Texas Association of Realtors
- LAI – Lambda Alpha International Land Economics Society
- United States Air Force (8 years) Ammunitions Technologies
- University of Maryland, Extension courses
- Okaloosa – Walton College, NW Florida
- Austin Institute of Real Estate 99’ – Licensed Broker
- Business Professionals Course—AJI (2 year Business studies) San Francisco, CA
- CCIM Curriculum